Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pima Pullover - Part 3

Welcome to the final edition of the Pima Pullover.  This sweater took me 3 posts to complete.  The 2 previous posts are located here:
I am very proud of this finished piece.  I thought that I was going to need my sister in order to finish, but I realized that I was using her a as crutch and that I did have the skills to finish on my own.


Here is front with the ribbing at the arms and bottom.  I had to go out and buy one more hank of yarn just to finish the bottom band and crochet an edging around the neck.  The neck edging was a reverse single crochet.  It was very interesting.  I found instruction for this on YouTube.


Here is the back view.  I love the open-weave pattern.  That is why I chose this pattern.  It is in trend right now, the open-weave, and I wanted one.  The total cost of this sweater was about $42, so not a real bargain since I had to toil away at it, but beautiful because it is not store-bought.

Now that I am finished with this, I can officially call myself a crocheter.  I'll consider my status beginner, but I won't be afraid to start a crochet project on my own.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Congratulations! That's a wonderful project.

Nancy said...

Thank you! I am proud of it. My sister helped and taught me a lot. I'm pretty confident that I could do it on my own now.

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am about to start but I think the cotton I have chosen is to thick. Seeing your progress has given me more of an idea what to expect.

Thank you for sharing & wish me luck. I am going to need it & a bit of patience!