Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sporty Wristlets

This is a gift that I had on my To-Do list.  It is for a friend's daughter, who I think would look so perfect in!  The pattern came from the 2012 Holiday issue of Knit Simple magazine.  They named them Simple Mitts, which they are, but I'm calling them Sporty Wristlets.


I'm using Beehive Baby Sport from Patons (70% Acrylic/30% Nylon).  It is sport weight, which is often used in baby items.  That is why I thought it would be the perfect yarn to make this pattern with.  Very soft.


I knitted these with size 4 circulars so that I could use the Magic Loop method.  I knitted the main arm, then left an opening for the thumb and finished at the knuckle.  I did two exactly the same.


At this point they are almost done.  I have to actually add a thumb snuggie on each one.


I picked up 18 sts around the thumb opening.  Then I knitted in the round again to make the thumb.  I finished it so it would look like the edge where the knuckles are.


Just need to bind off and weave in the ends.


They are cozy, as you can see, I'm modeling them while I hold my cat.  Very nice!


Another check mark on the Christmas Done List! 

2 comments:

Kjestine said...

I need to find a crochet pattern for these! they would be the best for snowboarding!

Nancy said...

In my library of knit and crochet patterns, I'm sure I've got one or two. I'll look and get back to you!