I think I have more unfinished projects right now than I have ever had in my life. I am not even going to count them, I'm embarrassed! Today I am writing to show off my newest project:
Palm Scrap Afghan
This project is an idea from a pullover/tunic project found in a new magazine I bought at my LYS. The magazine is Interweave Crochet, Summer 2013:
|Interweave Crochet Summer 2013|
This issue has tons of cute things! My gosh, I wish I had more time for crafts! Anyway, back to my idea. Thumbing through the magazine, there is a pattern Palm Tunic that I love love. Here is a pic:
You crochet each triangle motif separately, but as you do your last set of stitches around the triangle motif, you connect it to the motif you crocheted before it...makes less ends to weave in.
I got this idea to do these motifs but make a scrap afghan out of it. It will be eclectic, no doubt. I started off with the blue yarn first. Then added the light purple yarn.
I mainly started it just to see if I can read a pattern and actually crochet something that looks hard. Although, it is a bit tight and the center part puckers...I am really liking it.
I added a few more a few weeks ago:
I do need more dark colors. I am a very pink yarn collector, I have a ton of it, actually. Which is why I want to use up the scraps so I can buy more yarn and be to justify it with a straight face.
My favorite motif is the darker pink one on the left. It is a cotton/silk blend. The stitches pop out more with this yarn. I have a decent amount of this yarn left, but I have to save it to spread it out. Mix it up a bit.
It has been awhile since I made a motif, it will be like learning the stitches all over again. But it takes a good 30-40 min just to crochet one, so I don't know when this will actually get done. I will just chip away at it as the days go by.