This is a really silly project. It took no more than 5 minutes; it will take me longer to type out this post than it did to actually sew.
My honey is a baby powder guy (probably TMI for those of you that know him...LOL). As a joke-but-for-real gift, my sister bought him a 3-pack of powder puffs. Vince is probably not the most delicate when he handles the powder puff, so as a result, the puffs are ripping.
The ribbon has been ripped off and there is a big gaping hole in two of them. He still has one that is in pristine condition, because he has not used it yet.
I took a needle and white thread an sewed it up. I did not worry too much about the thread being hidden because the puffs are fluffy and the thread was hidden anyway.
So, I did not get another satin ribbon, but the holes are now sewn shut. No more foam sticking out.
I did not tell him that I sewed them up. I will see how long it will take for him to notice or even if he notices. This was not a news-breaking fix, but sometimes it is the little things that matter.