Sunday, December 29, 2013

Ice Cream Cozies

For the ladies at work, I wanted to knit them all an ice cream cozy.  I had previously knitted one and gave to my friend and she loved it!  Here is that post:
I have 6 ladies at work and I assume they all love ice cream.  Perfect!  I started out by buying a bunch a different, vibrant colors of yarn at Joann's:

 
I chose Deborah Norville's Everyday Soft Worsted (100% Acrylic).  The colors I went with were, clock-wise from top:
  • Electric Green
  • Aubergine (Purple)
  • Baby Yellow
  • Wild Blue
  • Neon Pink
  • Snow White
Here are the finished cozies:

----
----
----
----
----
 
 
Once I was done knitting those, I decided to make 2 more, one each for Vince's daughters:
 
 
 
When I gave my work friends their cozy, I also had a cooler full of pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.  They each got to pick out their flavor.  I will do the same for Vince's daughters.
 
I do still owe the friend I originally knitted one up for at least one more.  She has two daughters, so, I will probably knit up two more.  These make the best gifts!
 
What is your favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream??  Share your thoughts in the comments!
 
Mine is Chunky Monkey (Phish Food is a close second) :-)



No comments: