Sunday, February 24, 2013

Quilts - Brag Pics

Since I sew, I also make quilts.  I am in the process of making another quilt, this one for myself, and I thought that I would intro it with the quilts that I have made in the past.  I made my first quilt in a quilting class in Mass with my friend, Kjestine.  It was about the year 2004-ish, I think.

My first quilt I made a wallhanging size.  Now I have never hung it on the wall, but use it as a throw.  I still use it to this day.  The style is a logcabin.

My First Quilt - 2004

My First Quilt - 2004

My second quilt I made as a gift and it was a baby quilt size, which was quite large actually.  The baby's bedroom had a jungle theme.

Joni - 2005

Joni - 2005

Next, later in 2005, I made another baby quilt for my cousin Stephanie's baby, Aiden.  This was made with fleece and did a blanket stitch around the edges.

Aiden - 2005

I was a quilting fool in 2005, I made a third quilt for my friend Erin's baby, Janelle.

Janelle - 2005

Janelle - 2005

I took a small break and made a quilt in 2007 for myself.  I made it bedspread size.  This one was a spin off the courthouse steps style.  I used flannel as my backing (back fabric).  So snuggley.

Mine - 2007

Mine - 2007

Next, in 2009, I made a baby quilt for my friend Nicole's baby, Allison.

Allison - 2009

Allison - 2009

In 2009, I made two quilts, one for each of Vince's daughters for Christmas.  These were full size quilts and I backed them with flannel, like I did for mine in 2007.

Youngest daughter Gen, I made a daisy chain style.

Gen - 2009

Gen - 2009

Gen - 2009

For his oldest daughter Alex, I made a spin of courthouse steps style.

Alex - 2009

Alex - 2009

Alex - 2009

In 2010, two more friends had babies.  Crissta was first, with Ines.  Her sex was unknown, so I had to make it neutral.

Ines - 2010

Ines - 2010

Next was Sheri, who had Keira.

Keira - 2010

Keira - 2010

I have made another one for my friend Crystal's son, Zander, but I could not find any pics of it.   Hey Crystal, if you can, take a pic of the quilt for me!

Update!

I now have pics of Zander's quilt.  His had a bug theme (and little mice thrown in :-) ):

Zander - 2008

Zander - 2008

I have saved all the scraps from these quilts and that is what I will use to make my next quilt.  I will share this with you over the next couple of weeks. 

Let me know which one(s) are your favorites!  I truly love each of these and I got great enjoyment giving them as gifts.  For the ones that I kept, I cherish and use them all the time.  Take time to learn how to quilt, it is a timeless tradition that makes family heirlooms.

3 comments:

Crissta said...

I love the one for Gen (2009) and of course for Ines (2010)!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I like them all but Janelle's quilt is sitting next to me on the couch and we use it all the time. :)

Nancy said...

Erin! You still read the blog!! I'm so happy to hear that it is still holding up. I hope all is well with you and your family. XOXO