Yes, finally, I have completed my Razzy Socks! I first featured these socks in January (original post). I really did not think that it would take me this long to finish them.
This is what they looked like before:
I had the pair pretty much done. I could have kept knitting the ribbon part up my calf, but I really did not want to continue anymore. So, they sat with the ribbon about an inch high for 3 months.
My sister is my resident expert on socks, so she instructed me to bind off with a needle size that is 4 sizes larger than the original needle size. I knit these on a size 1, so that means I needed a size 5 to bind off. That seemed strange but hey, she's knitted over a dozen pairs already. Who am I to argue?
I bound off with the size 5, keeping it loose. The goal is to have the sock fit over your heel. If bound off too tight, then it won't fit.
Here is my loose bind off. I then slipped them on to get a feel for them....
Viola! I'm finally done. They fit a bit loose, with the bind off loose as well. Well, this is my first pair of socks and I forgot all of the techniques my sister has taught me.
If (I did say if) I make socks again, I will have to do it when I'm with my sister again. She will have to get me started again. The next time I do a pair, I will use a size 0 to knit them. I like my socks tight, these are too loose for my liking.
These may not be perfect, but they were created with my own two hands. I love 'em!